Subscribe NOW to get regular updates on New Moon Movie updates, news, pictures and videos for FREE!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 4, 2009

Robert Pattinson: Fans Are Disappointed When They Meet Me

Watch TV on PC - 12,000 TV Channels and Movies
Robert Pattinson in Vancouver walking

Twilight sensation Robert Pattinson says fans are sometimes disappointed when they see him up-close. Rob, who is the anti-metrosexual, has often been spotted by paparazzi and fans alike looking quite disheveled. Robert Pattinson New Moon

"I find that people are always really disappointed when they actually recognize me," says Pattinson. "They're like ‘Oh! At first I thought you were a bum, but then I realized who you were.' "

Adds the self-deprecating Rob: "I don’t even get into those places [clubs] because I look like a bum when I go out. The paparazzi will all stand there and film me stuck outside the clubs. I tell the bouncer, ‘Listen, these guys are taking photos of me, let me in!’"

Still, Pattinson's casual "homeless chic" style has done little to diminish the enthusiasm of his legions of female fans. Rob, who shot to overnight A-list status following his star-making turn as vampire Edward Cullen, is now one of the popular actors on the planet. Indeed, he was recently named one of People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People in the World, alongside superstars such as Angelina Jolie.

Rob is currently in Vancouver shooting New Moon, the sequel to Twilight. The British hunk, who was previously a struggling unknown, says attending the 2009 Academy Awards in February was surreal.

"I got there and then I’m sitting in the second row," Pattinson recounts. "It was unbelievable. I keep thinking that something terrible is going to happen. I just used up all my luck so I’m probably going to die at 23 or something."

Rob was doubly shocked when he discovered that some famous stars were Twilight fans. "Robin Wright Penn came up to me. I thought that was kind of amazing, considering her husband [Sean Penn] had just won Best Actor," Pattinson recalls. "That was very, very surreal."

For now, the modest Brit is taking his tremendous success in stride. Rob, who has often spoken of his passion for music, is working on some super-secret music projects. "I’m in talks to do a soundtrack for another movie, composing," he says. "I can't say what it is yet, but I really, really, really want to do it. I don’t think I’m going to have anything on New Moon, but never say never."

New Moon opens in November.

source

P.S.
Don't forget to check out the Cebu Local Hair Care Contest!

Watch TV on PC - 12,000 TV Channels and Movies

No comments: